Saturday, February 6, 2010

Food and Exercise Feb 6th, 2010

Helllllllo. I slept in quite late today and am just now getting ready to go run a few miles on the treadmill. Afterward, my roommate and I plan to go grocery shopping (where I'll be getting no processed foods!) and to Potbelly's for a sub (which I've already checked nutritional information on and will be getting the just under 350 calorie turkey whole wheat lite sub!) So I will report back when I'm done :D


OKAY!

So i just got out of the shower. I ran 1.5 miles and then stretched for a while. I still haven't eaten anything today which I know isn't good, but my roommate and I are leaving like now to get food and groceries. I'm debating whether we should go to the regular grocery store or make a trip to Whole Foods. I'll see what she has to say. Wish me luck!



edit:

Snack before lunch (famished, 2:45pm)

1 piece of whole wheat bread

Lunch at Potbelly's (3:30pm)

TKY sandwich with swiss cheese
1/2 serving of coffee ice cream

Dinner at cousins families house (6:45pm)

diet ibc root beer
mixed greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette
baked chicken (seasoned with heaven) on mashed potatoes
green beans
glass of sparkling cherry juice
creme brulee

Snack (2:00am)

clementine



Now, since I live in the dorms and my family resides across the country on the coast, I was extremely excited to have a home cooked meal, especially from my cousin's parents who I haven't seen in quite some time. While I do feel guilty about having so much to eat, it was all homemade, from scratch, and so it follows my "no processed" rule and I truly didn't even care about the counting calories. Homecooked meals is what I would eat everyday and feel outrageously satisfied if I could have them! My parents were never much for cooking big meals and I grew up on instant potatoes, and dinners consisting of pasta with canned meat sauce and frozen vegetables. I am not complaining AT ALL, but I do enjoy the richness of a meal made from scratch and hope to someday treat my family to that regularly.

It should be noted that after I came home from the dinner, I got extremely sick (not puking, the other end) and laid down and fell asleep for a few hours. I'm worried about getting the flu and hopefully will keep away from that! (hence the clementine for vitamins ;)) Oh, I also should say that I take a multivitamin every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment